Sunday, March 4, 2012

Quality Pet Food?

By Suzanne

Since adopting Bear and nursing him back to health from kennel cough, he has come a long way! I'm not sure what his past was like, but his fur was so dirty and matted that the SPCA had to cut it all off... not a good sign.

The other thing I noticed is that he didn't know how to "be a dog". He loved going for a walk, but he was strictly on a mission to walk, not stopping anywhere to smell anything on the way, almost as if he was just so excited to be outside that he just wanted to go, go, go.


After we got our second dog, Bella, a few months later, I also noticed that he didn't know how to play with other dogs. He didn't seem to understand it. 

Today, I am happy to say that all his fur has grown in. And I'm really proud of how far he's come because he now sniffs around when we go for walks and he's learned how to play with Bella. 


How rewarding it is to have adopted such a sweet little dog and to have given him a great home! 


Bella is a lot more active than Bear is. It’s been a constant battle to keep him fit. By nature, he is sort of a couch potato. He only moves when he has to. When it's time to go for a walk, Bella is at the door as soon as she hears me touch her leash. Bear, on the other hand, is still in bed, and he doesn't want to move.

Since he’s so small and kind of lazy, it’s easy for him to gain weight. But since he has some residual breathing difficulties from when he was sick, it’s really important to keep him at the right weight.


After my dad pointed out the ingredients in the Royal Canine food I was feeding them, I realized that it is full of filler such as corn gluten meal. This whole time I thought it was a high quality food!

Now, I know I sound like one of those cheesy pet food commercials, but when you care about your pets that much, you just want the very best for them. Thankfully, the owners of Brandy’s provided me with some information on various kinds of healthy pet foods. 

I mean, don’t we all want to eat better and live healthier?

No comments: